Subject: [Leica] Re:Gray market
From: jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu Mar 17 07:17:51 2005

Nikon USA will service their products if you have a bill & the warranty card
proving that it was bought from an authorised dealer anywhere in the world.
They refuse to touch only grey market purchases. Nikon Singapore, on the
other hand, repair anything. However Nikon's warranty for digital products
is that it is only valid in the country of purchase, irrespective of where
you buy it. Most of the trouble is caused by buyers not understanding the
warranties, and then screaming blue murder when things go wrong.
Cheers
Jayanand Govindaraj
Chennai, India