Subject: [Leica] Re:Gray market
From: sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni)
Date: Thu Mar 17 07:31:47 2005

On Mar 17, 2005, at 9:29 AM, F?lix L?pez de Maturana wrote:

>> Nikon U.S.A. official policy on gray market merchandise is that they
>> will not touch it.  Not under warranty, not paid after warranty
>> service.
>> You can of course send it to the country it was officially imported
>> into, and of course there are thousands of independent repair
>> facilities
>> that will fix for fee.
>
> Don
>
> This is a right manner for preventing grey imports defending his
> business and forcing a own coverage as -for instance- BH does. But
> just think I've got here in Spain a new Nikon D2H and I'm going to New
> York for two years. There I get a camera failure under my Spanish
> warranty. Have I sending back the camera to Spain for service?

No - if you have the receipt for purchasing the camera in Spain, you
should be OK.  Spanish market camera purchased in Spain from a Spanish
dealer the warranty will be honored in US from what I understand.
However, if you bought a Spanish market Nikon in the US from a US
dealer, you'd be out of luck...

CZ
NC

Replies: Reply from lew at speakeasy.net (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] Re:Gray market)