Subject: [Leica] OT - digital point & shoot suggestions
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Mar 21 17:01:20 2005

Frank,
There are a lot of pretty good small cameras out there.  I would look at
the Pentax Optio S5i, the Minolta X50, Canon SD400/500, and last the
Pentax S50.
Image quality will be similar with all, battery life only good for about
150 images per charge, control layout very different so important that
you actually run the menu's.  A couple of these are getting a little old
by digital standards so prices will vary widely.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com