Subject: [Leica] OT - digital point & shoot suggestions
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Mon Mar 21 21:47:07 2005

I just got an Olympus Stylus 500.  Major reason was the water resistance and
it fits in a shirt pocket.  Seems ok, not as good as I thought it might be
but acceptable.  It has a very large view screen but no viewfinder.  The
screen is annoying as you pan, can't keep up with the movement.  Seems
Olympus is removing the viewfinder on a lot of it's models.
Had a Pentax S50.  Nice that it takes AA batteries but they don't last long.
Also have a Kyocera SL400R.  Very thin, great pocket camera.  Some friends
just got some demos for 200 - Guess leaving the market hit the price pretty
hard.
The Canon SD500 is somewhat interesting at 7 mp.  Was tempted to get one
today but resisted :->
Bill