Subject: [Leica] CV mini finder
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Mon Mar 21 17:08:46 2005

David Mason wrote:
> I am not at all questioning the purchase by anyone of these finders -
> but I do wonder why CV made "mini finders". Was there a call from
> people for such a thing? I truly don't know - Im not trying to be a
> smart-ass. It seems to me the two types of finders they had before got
> the job done and weren't too big or heavy - or is that not the case
> for something other than Bessas or Leica Ms?

Hi Dave,

My guess is that Cosina, like all manufacturers, are forever tweaking their
products.   A mini finder might be less likely to snag on things;   also
this particular one is a dual 28mm / 35mm finder, so is very attractive
to me as a IIIg user: with one single additional finder, I can now use
the IIIg with 28mm, 35mm, 50mm and 90mmm lenses.   At least that's
the theory.

It took me a long time to get used to working with an external finder,
but now I am ok with it.  My M6 is acting up, so it's probably time to
send it away for a complete CLA.   Hence my desire to beef up my
IIIg in preparation for the 2 or 3 weeks absence of the M6.

Also, thanks to Roland, Slobodan, and Dick Taylor, and
the other Roland for the requested information.

Cheers,

- Phong