Subject: [Leica] 75mm F/2 M lens? New vs. used
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Mon Mar 21 22:59:41 2005

I buy used or demo gear, because I can't afford some items new. Sure I
would like to be able to purchase all of my gear new, who wouldn't? But
I'd rather have a clean used body or lens, than not have it at all...
I've also always factored in the cost of a CLA for most used gear. It's
a must in my book.

My M7 was a Leica demo; which knocked a substantial amount off the
price Not a bad deal; couldn't have swung it otherwise. Leica made some
cash, the dealer made some cash, I saved some and got what was
essentially a new camera with a 1 year factory warranty for several
hundred dollars less than a new one. Besides, most of my gear gets
marred in a matter of weeks anyway... I never abuse it, but it's only a
matter of time for it to get scratch from being handled.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 75mm F/2 M lens? New vs. used)