Subject: [Leica] Re:Changing times
From: wvl at comcast.net (wvl@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 22 08:57:13 2005

Reading the LUG mail about changes in photography makes me feel sad about
the changing times. One of the two E-6 processing shops in my town just sold
the slide processor on ebay.

Yesterday, out for a walk, I met a friend who was eager to show me his
compact Sony digital camera with a "Zeis Tessar" lens. He said "imagine a
small camera like this with a Zeiss lens". I reached into my jacket pocket
and produced my 1966 Rollei 35 with Zeiss Tessar lens. It was about the same
size as his Sony. When I handed the Rollei to him he exclaimed "cool and
it's made out of metal!" Maybe thingsaren't changing as much as I thought.
Bill Lawlor