Subject: [Leica] Seeking a new 50
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Fri Mar 25 06:33:59 2005

oliverbryk@comcast.net (Oliver Bryk) wrote:

>Scott, FWIW for a long time the current Summicron 50 was my only lens,
>and
>still is in that focal length. I have no need for a different 50mm
>design or
>a wider aperture than f/2, whether for B&W or color. Professional
>printers
>who made b&w enlargements for me usually took one look at the negatives
>and
>said, "Leica glass, probably Summicron?"
>Just my personal opinion, Oliver

Since I'm relatively new to RF, and to Leica, I've tried several
different 50's, most notably the CV Nokton, but always keep coming back
to my two Summicrons, one a DR, the other a mint collapsible.  They
consistently give me the best results.

Maybe one of these days, when my ship comes in, I can afford the newest
Summicron 50.  For now, my two oldies but goodies are just great,
especially the 50 DR.  It is an amazing lens.

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Norfield Congregational Church