Subject: [Leica] Seeking a new 50
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Mar 25 08:06:20 2005

Kenneth Frazier said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Seeking a new 50

> Summicron 50.  For now, my two oldies but goodies are just great,
> especially the 50 DR.  It is an amazing lens.<<<<<<

Padre,
I always ask this question when I see someone get off on the great search
for a better lens, in particular for a 50mm lens .

No matter what 50mm lens you pick should you not ask yourself, " will it
make your captured fleeting motivating moments better in visual content?"
It's the guts of the picture that counts, not crispy critter corners or
other endless techie things some folks search for.

This should always be the most important question first, after all, viewers
other than a few dedicated folks, never look at how good the squiggles are
compared to the captured exciting moment. Most regular folks look at the
content, the squiggles rarely, if ever, come into consideration.

I'd much rather be out blowing away film or digi cards shooting, than
searching somewhat endlessly for a lens and trying a zillion 50's looking
for one that has just the precise amount of squiggles per mm of sharpness.
The searcher may find his or her ultimate 50mm lens, however will their
pictures be far more exciting filled with captured moments?

Will your ultimate 50mm add to your ability to "SEE A MOMENT" and capture it
better? :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Seeking a new 50)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Ken Frazier) ([Leica] Seeking a new 50)