Subject: [Leica] Morgans
From: dale-reed at worldnet.att.net (Dale Reed)
Date: Thu Mar 31 06:59:07 2005

>  60's engineered car where you had to adjust points & carbs at every 3000
mile oil change and worry if it would run for that 200 mile trip without a
mechanical glitch

In the summer of 1959 I drove my bright-red 1959 MGA from Boulder, Colorado
to Fairbanks, Alaska.  The only mechanical trouble was the wire came loose
from the electric fuel pump that took me about ten minutes to find and
re-attach.   I never put the top up(tonneau cover zipped half open), 28.6
miles/gallon and no one passed me even on the 1500 miles of gravel road.

Most enjoyable car I have owned in my 70 years here on earth and I never
expect to own a better one.   Dale
---
$ dale-reed@att.net    Seattle, Washington USA $