Subject: [Leica] OT Morgans
From: dale-reed at worldnet.att.net (Dale Reed)
Date: Thu Mar 31 08:44:24 2005

> 1992 Volvo 240.

Katy and I parented two boys with the help of a dark green Volvo station
wagon that we bought new here in Seattle in 1967.   We sold it 30 years
later mostly because the body was rotted out because I had made the mistake
of parking it under a cedar tree.   Katy liked the Volvo station wagon
because she is short but could see(when she was driving) in all directions
out the extensive glass toward the rear.  And I liked it because I would
sometimes take it to the local sports car race track and practice my
four-wheel drifting skills.

Skills that I learned in the MGA drifting down Boulder Canon west of
Boulder, Colorado.  *Down* Boulder Canon because the MGA did not have enough
horsepower to jerk the rear wheels loose and keep them spinning going up the
steep canyon.

Wore out a few sets of tires doing all that drifting down the paved Boulder
Canyon and one set driving to Alaska.  I shipped the MGA home because the
gravel road had not only worn the tires out but the insulation on the wiring
along the frame was seriously worn...   Other little things like the smashed
windshield from the rocks thrown up by the huge trucks that I frequently
passed, everything was full of dust(never did get all of out of the cabin),
rear fenders were pock marked from below...

Photographing with a folding Kodak Retina IIIC in those Good Old Days a Very
Long Time Ago.  Sure was a lot more convenient than presently carrying my
two(one for color slides and the other for black and white slides) M6
cameras and many lens and I really cannot tell the difference in the quality
of the Kodachromes.   Dale

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] OT Morgans)