Subject: [Leica] Fool's Gold
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 2 08:49:48 2005

We always have the illusion that automatism will make our photography
foolproof. I'm a fool who proves the contrary. I figured that if I finally
got a good
digital, like the D70, I won't need to contend with film that loosens from
the take-up spool; images I thought were on the film but weren't; very heavy
film cameras, etc. Digital taught me that technology doesn't have much to do
with
the nature of photography. Photography is a miracle. Always was a miracle.
And is as unpredictable as a miracle.
Which makes it kinda human.

Bob