Subject: [Leica] Train
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 2 10:10:53 2005

This is way OT, traingeekNC, but -- if I understand your train-bearings
story -- in the long-ago days when I worked on my three-speed and 10-speed
bikes,
the best wheels I had were those with loose ball bearings packed in  heavy
grease. The less-expensive bikes had ball bearings in mounts or what I
believe
were called "races." These races were also in heavy grease but were  not
regarded as efficient as the individual ball bearings and, therefore, the
bike
wouldn't roll as freely....regards, bob cole, asheville,  nc