Subject: [Leica] how to verificate a real/fake IIc leica
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 3 08:39:39 2005

Ruben, it looks to me as a genuine Leica II, with a few items worth
mentioning.
 (1), there is a tiny screw on the front, left side, which does not  appear
on the Leica II photos I've studied.
(2) there is what looks like a flash connector on the top plate, which
might
have been added after purchase.
(3) there is a circular bushing that is missing on the left finder window.
(4) the vulcanite covering on the circular spot where slow speeds were
added
in later models does not appear in your photo to be original.
 If I were offering it and was convinced it was genuine, I would sell  it as
a Leica II but without the Fed lens so that it would not confuse potential
buyers. I would also list the Fed lens separately...
If you know the Leica, you almost certainly can spot a fake. Very, very few
fakes have the beautiful workmanship and finish that the Leica has always
had.
 If it looks rough and poorly made, poorly machined, it's a fake. If its
feels  great, looks great and is beautifully made, it probably is the real
thing.
I hope this helps...regards and saludos, bob cole

Replies: Reply from huntmc2 at gmail.com (Marshall Hunt) ([Leica] how to verificate a real/fake IIc leica)