Subject: [Leica] B.D. PAW
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 3 14:48:58 2005

> I probably let my 'politics' get in
> the way of my photo taste - as in I like seeing her look bedraggled and
> sad given what she was doing. :-)<<<<

B. D.,
Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes it's very difficult to put ones
personal feelings and beliefs aside working this particular topic any time.
I try to go dumb, well OK number than I am! ;-) With complete concentration
on the "photographic content" without any thought of the subject being
recorded. Complete visual re-action to content and not read signs, messages
or listen to what they are saying. Trust me an extremely tough call!

It's like shooting my grand son's basketball or baseball games. I have to
pay no heed to the "lousy no good rotten referee making all the good calls
for the other team!" Oh sorry I let it slip! ;-) Naw in this case I have to
lock onto the visual without emotion. Quite frankly no different when
shooting any international sport events and I'm covering the Canadian team
and see lousy calls being made.

But that's life and if one cannot be rational and keep emotions in check,
then you end up shooting a bunch of lousy pictures that only reflect your
inability to keep your emotions under control! Guess what? When that
happens, you may not be assigned again!" :-(

It's not an easy task when a photographer is against the position of the
protesters, whatever the subject.

ted