Subject: [Leica] Honoring Dr. King
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 3 15:32:32 2005

Phil Swango said and showed:
> Subject: [Leica] Honoring Dr. King
> I've been scanning old negatives again.  This time I have a group taken in
> Memphis in 1968 following the assassination of Dr. King.  I lived in
> Memphis at the time and went to the march where these photos were taken.
> It was a very solemn and dignified occasion.  We were all in a state of
> disbelief.  Tomorrow (April 4) is the anniversary of the shooting.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album171<<,

Hi Phil,
What an historical treasure, not to just have, but that you covered the
event! Your own wonderful record of a tragic situation of 37 years ago.

I have a B&W book " Powerful Days." photography by Charles Moore. A smashing
tribute to the times and to think you've material of the same subject
equally as powerful and interesting.

They must be quite valuable even at this time, let alone in another 25-50
years or so. May I suggest at sometime down the line you might consider
turning them over to the National Archives of your country. Actually you may
receive some financial return for them maybe. But I bet they'd be very glad
to have them in their files and collection as a continuing record of the
times.

ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Honoring Dr. King)
Message from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] Honoring Dr. King)