Subject: [Leica] Photos Every So Often
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Mason)
Date: Mon Apr 4 14:24:37 2005

Sometimes, you get lucky.  The gods smile, and you are
given this:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/AllisonLooks

No, not young woman.  The amazing light.

Longer version...  Last week, Meredith Monk--composer,
singer, performance artist, Guggenheim and MacArthur
winner--was in town.

She and members of her vocal ensemble conducted a
masterclass with University of Virginia's University
Singers:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/MeredithTalks01
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/WarmUp01

The results pleased her:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/MeredithApproves

Saturday evening, Monk and her singers gave a concert,
a very fine concert.  And, as I say, the light was
spectacular:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/MeredithSings01
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/MeredithAllison01
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/TheoSings01
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/KatieMeredith01

To end the way I began...  So was Monk's violinist:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mason01/Violin01

BTW, I chose not to alter the color balance.  The
lighting was an integral part of the performance.

--John

J Mason
Charlottesville, Virginia