Subject: [Leica] Re: B.D. May Be All Wet; Now Brussels Sprouts
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Mason)
Date: Wed Apr 6 12:16:01 2005

More recipes?  Why, yes.

Julienne, as thinly as possible, as many frightened
(blanched) brussels sprouts as you'd like.  (Time
consuming.  Worth the effort.)

Saute slowly in olive oil, with garlic and a little
salt.  (Cook as long as you seems right to you.  A
wise Swiss chef that I once worked for told me that
vegetables should be felt, but not heard.)

Add freshly ground pepper at the table.

Or,

Fry several strips of bacon, finely chopped, in pan,
until crisp and well browned.

Drain bacon on paper towel.

Pour off all but two tablespoons of the bacon fat.

Add thinly julienned frightened brussels sprouts to
the frying pan.  Slowly saute in the bacon fat, with
garlic and a little salt.  Allow the moisture from the
sprouts to deglaze the pan.  Cook 'em till they're
done.

Toss with the reserved bacon immediately before
serving.

Freshly ground black pepper at the table.

A drop or three of Tabasco can't hurt.

--John

J Mason
Charlottesville, Virginia