Subject: [Leica] Re: first publication
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Tue Apr 5 13:01:04 2005

My first published photo was in the LSU Daily Reveille (college paper)
around 1960.  I remember being given use of a Linhoff press camera and being
told not to use my Leica because 35mm wasn't up to the standards of
newspaper work!  There was a big track meet and I went to shoot it with the
Linhoff.  I got almost nothing usable the first day and returned the second
day with my IIIf and 50mm lens, and to heck with the editor!  I shot a roll
of 36 and gave the editor a contact sheet -- first one he had ever seen up
close.  He went crazy making crop marks and the result was that I had a
spread of 14 shots printed.  I got paid $1.50 per printed picture, so the
total take was $21.  I think I still have that spread somewhere.