Subject: [Leica] DMR / motor drive?
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Apr 7 05:28:44 2005

yeah I know that!  Geez, whadya take me for!   :-)  What I'm getting at
is this.  Remove the sensor back part of the DMR but leave the motor
part of the DMR in place on the body.  Then, put the film back on the
body.  What have you got?  A body with a DMR motor and a film back.
Now that's a hybrid!  It should advance the film after each shot.
Potential problems?  The film back might not fit with the DMR motor in
place.  The electronics might be designed to stop us enterprising
customers from cheating like this.  Still, it would be a good design as
it would allow one to carry only the film back if one wanted motor
driven film performance.  No extra motor drive needed!

We'll see I guess.

Rick.