Subject: [Leica] interesting article
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 10 08:50:49 2005

Feli pointed out:

> http://dirckhalstead.org/issue9801/nutsandbolts9801.htm<<

Hi Feli,
Thanks for pointing out this article by Bill Pierce as it's right on the
mark!

And where he uses the "political scene" as an assignment background and how
photographer's relate to shooting, he almost describes me during federal and
provincial election campaigns since 1972! ;-)

Certainly when referring to the Leica and SLR gear use. Only in my case they
were always Leica SLR's and some model of M.

When you have a "real user been there done it writing," a person whose
articles about camera use, it's much different compared to the "person who
does nothing but playtime" then writes how he finds the equipment and
methods of use. One is the realities of use in the real world, Bill Pierce
and the other some writer who's rarely shot anything but "playtime" images.

What Bill says about each camera is why I've always worked the two camera
models at the same time during this type of assignment. Or in the shooting
for the medical books I've produced, you use them as tools as each captures
a different moment.

Quite frankly there isn't any one perfect camera for all things regardless
of what some people think!

ted

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] interesting article)
Message from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] interesting article)