Subject: [Leica] leica digital back-initial test results
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun Apr 10 16:59:21 2005

At 2:02 PM -0500 4/10/05, Christopher Williams wrote:
>Marketing hype from guys that work their ass off for a living? I've read
>this from sports as well as freelance photographers.
>
>LOL! Bull puckey???
>
>Chris

Through limitations in the sensor design/technology, some lens
defects that were unnoticeable on film are now obvious on digital. In
those cases, FF digital can be 'better' than the lenses, but you have
to remember that part of that equation is a lack in the sensor.

In other ways, the 'bull puckey' description applies.

Digital does not come close to testing the MTF of the better lenses.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] leica digital back-initial test results)