Subject: [Leica] OT: Computers
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Mon Apr 11 01:24:36 2005

I had a dual pentium processor PC 2 x 300 hz and at some photoshop feauteres
it was faster than a 1,6 Ghz pentium 4 PC with the same ram on both ! - In
general Photoshop is one of the best applications to take advantage of
multible processors but if I had to stick with one processor I would rather
have a 1,8 GHZ processor with 1,5 gb ram than a 3,0 ghz processor with 500
mb ram - The mac thing I never could understand - PCs might not be
userfriendly but they are actually more logic and chances of getting your
files lost a less in PC and prices are still 30% cheaper. Mac is going to
slowly skip interest in prof. graphic desktops in order to concentrate on
the i.pod market or what ever those small things are called.
Drop a LCD screen for pictures - get a d2/lacie callibrated 21 " monitor and
gfet Photoshop CS2 - IMOH FYI ETC. and A :-) - ruben