Subject: [Leica] OT: Computers get a Mac don't look back
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 11 08:18:39 2005

In a message dated 4/11/2005 10:01:05 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
director@ubi.edu writes:

SonC@aol.com wrote :

> Maybe so, but I cannot see an iota  of difference between  Photoshop
> CS on a
> PC and on  a Mac.  It seems to me to be an identical   product.

Sonny,

I bet you have a  PC.

;-)

Lucien

Yes, and there's  good reason.  Here at the  University,  Journalism and Art
have maybe 25 total Macs. Probably six  other machines are Macs. For that
few
our IT does not support you when mac  software  or hardware issues crop up.
The nearest dealer is 85 miles  away.   Recently, one of our reference
Librarians, a stalwart Mac  user, had "something" happen to her new Mac, and
it was
nearly six weeks before  a repair could be made, all of her files werte
untouchable, and to use her  backups, she had to take them home.

That, however, has no bearing on my statement that Photoshop CS is
functional identical in the two forms.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com