Subject: [Leica] OT: Computers get a Mac don't look back
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 11 15:41:20 2005

In a message dated 4/11/2005 4:58:19 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
mail@gpsy.com writes:

>Librarians, a stalwart Mac  user, had "something"  happen to her new
>Mac, and it was
>nearly six weeks before   a repair could be made, all of her files were
>untouchable, and to use  her  backups, she had to take them home.

My Mac laptop's  hard drive crashed. I called AppleCare, they had a
box sent the next day  with the delivery person. They took it away on
a Tuesday and I had it back  on a Saturday, repaired.

There aren't many PC dealers who will do  that.

Karen

 Applecare  is a prepaid service plan.  The Dell  Prepaid plan is similar,
in
fact we had a laptop under that  and the  tech drove in from Shreveport the
next morning and replaced the  Motherboard.  Unfortunately, the Apple in the
forgoing example was not  under Apple Care.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana