Subject: [Leica] Tri-elmar
From: summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Fri Apr 15 07:14:22 2005

Laurence,

I used one for about a year.  It was my first Leica lens coming from a Nikon
system with a bunch of zooms.  Back then I couldn't commit to one prime.
Anyway, it is a very nice lens which can produce beautiful results.  My only
problem with the lens was that it was too slow for my tastes.  The f/4
maximum aperture did not permit me to do as much no-flash work indoors as I
wanted.  So, I sold it and bought a 35 'cron asph and never looked back.
For me, my 3E was always set on 35 anyway.

If you do most of your shooting outdoors in the light of day or with a flash
the 3E is an excellent choice.

Good luck with your decision.

Frank Farmer