Subject: [Leica] Tri-Elmar
From: alan_weinschel at yahoo.com (Alan Weinschel)
Date: Sat Apr 16 07:07:46 2005

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:53:22 +0100 (BST)
From: Laurence John <laurencejjohn@yahoo.co.uk>
To: lug@leica-users.org

Anyone got any feelings on the tri-elmar 28:35:50.  I'm interested in
getting one.

I have one and am happy with it.  Do you sacrifice to get three focal
lengths?  Yes. Speed, for one thing, but in terms of sharpness, it is
an excellent lens.  Look at the Erwin Putz reviews;  its a pretty damn
good lens even if not quite up to a Summicron 50 or 35.  I especially
like it when I am traveling and want to lighten up and not fuss with
changing lenses quite so often.  If you're outdoors you can get away
with just the TE or a TE and a 90.  Its slow for indoor work unless you
want to use flash or really crank up the ISO.