Subject: [Leica] BD PAWS
From: csemetko at earthlink.net (Craig Semetko)
Date: Tue Apr 19 08:21:07 2005

Karen,

By this definition, taking anybody's photograph, homeless or not,
without their permission is taking advantage of them. That can be
argued either way, but if it HCB, Winogrand, Frank, and a ton of other
greats asked for permission and didn't "feed off" unknowing subjects
before they took their pictures, street photography wouldn't have
happened. Very rarely do I ask for permission---most of the time it
ruins the moment.  If someone sees I'm shooting and says, "No
pictures," I respect that, otherwise, I take my shots. Am I taking
advantage of people? I guess I am. Geez, now I feel like a criminal...

Ready to turn himself in,

Craig

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] BD PAWS)
Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] BD PAWS)