Subject: [Leica] End of an Era
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Apr 20 05:45:59 2005

>Back then you could get new Nikon, Canon, or very clean used Leica for
>almost nothing.  Things like a 35 F2 for $15.

Don,
WOW! This way I could afford a whole M-lens lineup (and a second one as
backup)...

>The older generation of collectors is passing on...

If the effect is a pricedrop for used Leicas, I do not really regret...

>...and the new generation is looking at other things than classic cameras.

Maybe, today there are less classic camera collectors and shooters than
there were in the past.

But I notice a growing interest in classic creative techniques (photo,
illustration, design, music) amongst our students at the Lucerne School of
Art+Design. They're overdosed from overfeatured digital tools. When I teach
them interactive design, in the intervalls they don't ask me about Flash or
DHTML, but "show me your Leica in your pocket, please"...
Didier

Message from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] End of an Era, Tak of Mac Camera Retires)