Subject: [LEICA] End of an era
From: sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni)
Date: Fri Apr 22 05:59:14 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Stan Yoder wrote:

> Yesterday I went into one of the last two 'real' camera shops in
> Pittsburgh. Once a Leica dealer. Shelves pretty bare, "Digital Imaging
> Center" at the rear. I said, "You've certainly abandoned film with a
> vengeance, eh?" The clerk sniffed and answered, "WE don't sell [film]
> cameras anymore."

I must really be fortunate...here in the Raleigh NC area we have two
shops that are still waist-deep in film cameras, chemicals, and so
forth.  They have of course gone heavily to digital, but they haven't
abandoned film at all...both of them have gotten the new Zeiss lenses;
both sell new and used Leica; both have staff that know what they're
doing...

Craig Zeni
Cary NC