Subject: [Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera
From: miki at arbos.net (MIKIRO)
Date: Fri Apr 22 09:25:47 2005

Hi, folks. Here are some of Mr. Ralf Coenen's comments in his interview
on the latest issue of Asahi Camera. Are you :-) or :-( ?

MIKIRO

---

Asahi: Many of us want digital cameras to be convenient tools. R cameras
are MF and bulky. In addition, they will be very expensive with the module.

Coenen: Convenience is important, but it should also be a choice to
enjoy focusing by yourself.

Asahi: Are you developing digital backs for the current M bodies?

Coenen: No. the digital M will be an integrated model.

Asahi: When do you plan to release it?

Coenen: In 2006 as previously announced. Now our lens engineers consider
  that its digital part works just fine .

Asahi: Do you have any plans for future film cameras and lenses?

Coenen: Yes, we will release new products, both M and R.

Asahi: What about small size M cameras?

Coenen: Low-cost models are incompatible with our brand image. If you
want something less expensive, you can buy used ones. Current M models
are compact enough as high quality 35mm film cameras.

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera)
Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera)