Subject: [Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Fri Apr 22 12:20:58 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Patrick ((Washington, DC)) wrote:

> Joseph?s comment is an interesting one that I think many Westerns,
> including myself, is missing out on.  To suggest/compare buying used
> with new is apparently quiet offensive (been there, done that) in what
> I suspect to be mainly Asian cultures (I know US, most European and
> Latin American cultures well and to the best of my knowledge it is not
> a problem there).  It just shows the dangers of etnocentricity and
> apparently there is/was plenty of that at Leica.

I encountered some of this attitude growing up in Europe during the
70's and 80's.
You wouldn't have dared to go to school in clothes that had been
purchased used.

> And the lack of innovation around the M is actually quite staggering.
> Is there anyone that actually prefers e.g. the bottom-loading vs. a
> easy swinging-back loading with a small window to show if/what
> film-type is loaded?

Actually I like the bottom loading... but sometimes I do wish there was
a window to
check the film...

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4