Subject: [Leica] MP vs M6 noise
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Apr 24 22:32:23 2005

>05 AM Central Daylight Time,
>luisripoll@telefonica.net writes:
>think that MP noise is more than the M6, did anyone compared?, is the MP
>curtain or shutter mechanism different from the M6?

I think part of what is going on is that the M6 cameras right now are
10-20 years old. This means they are now well settled into their
prime condition.  Leicas do have a break-in period of several hundred
rolls.

MP and M7 cameras are still brand new for Leicas. Given them a couple
thousand frames and we'll see if they don't settle down a little bit.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/