Subject: [Leica] Traveling to Athens, Greece
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Tue Apr 26 01:18:47 2005

At 9:27 AM -0500 05.4.25, Bunting, Roger L (Roger) wrote:
>I have a business meeting in Athens in a couple of weeks. This is my
>first trip to Athens, or anywhere on the Mediterranean coast. I will
>have two days for some touring. I'm trying to decide on what
>equipment to take. I prefer to take my M6, but I'm limited to a 35mm
>and 50mm lens. In doing some rough measurements on maps it doesn't
>look as if the 35mm is really wide enough for the street, nor the
>50mm long enough for detail. I have a lot of other choices in a
>Nikon SLR system.

In southern france and spain, I found the 35/90 combination on my M7
worked well. If you go too wide, you risk losing everything in the
smallness of the frame.    If I was doing it again, I might try a
25/35/90.  The 25mm is good for irregular 5% of  shots, the 35mm for
80%, and the 90mm picks up the remaining 15%.

My Canon EOS  10D had a 28-135IS on it -- with the 1.6X crop factor,
it wasn't wide enough.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura