Subject: [Leica] [MUGers] Pisa at 7AM/ Recent Steam
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Apr 25 01:51:07 2005

Hi Frank,
  like I wrote in the title 7 AM. A beautiful sunny, but very cold, morning,
just a short walk before breakfast, past the Palazzo, round to the tower,
off to
the remains of the city wall then down to the river (that was further than I
thought) and back for breakfast in a hotel in one of those Italian alleys
which
are so narrow that you can easily shake hands with the people from the
opposite
house.
In spring the streams of tourists are not too much, they mostly arrive in
buses
at around 10 and disappear again at 5 or 6 in the afternoon. Although
hisorically/architecturally very old Pisa is a very young vibrant city,
quite a
refreshing place to visit.
cheers
Douglas