Subject: [Leica] Doing your Kid's Wedding
From: mvolo at acpub.duke.edu (Michael Volow)
Date: Tue Apr 26 16:43:21 2005

It's not tacky,and there is nothing wrong with carrying a small camera for
occasional neat candid.

Having said that, you might enjoy it more, or in different way, if you do it
directly with your eyes and ears, without a camera between you and your
loved ones and friends. I would suggest that one should hire a wedding
photographer and/or videographer whose work you admire and trust, and let
them do the recording. After all, even if one were a doctor one would not
take out his own appendix, etc. When I have photographed dance showcases I
enjoyed watching the dancing less, than when I put down the camera and
savored the experience.