Subject: [Leica] "Fat" 90mm Tele-Elmarit vs. Other 90mm Comments?
From: mvolo at acpub.duke.edu (Michael Volow)
Date: Wed Apr 27 13:25:19 2005

I have the original "fat" Tele-Elmarit and I like it fine, especially for
its good contrast wide open in low light. I like it better than the original
long-focus 90mm Elmarit which I previously had. In reports from others, the
thin Tele-Elmarit is reportedly  sharper,  but I'm satisfied with my lens
(which I bought new approximately in 1970). My favorite travel outfit is the
35mm Summicron (original 8-element complete with convertible mount) and the
Tele-Elmarit.