Subject: [Leica] Doing your Kid's Wedding
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Wed Apr 27 05:21:24 2005

Frank,
  My son got married last June.  I was told, mostly by the bride's mom, that
I should not take pictures, but should have fun.  Well, fun for one....
  The affair was pretty formal with scads of attendants and came off very
nicely.  Sitting up front, I was able to take a few unobtrusive shots during
the ceremony (which was ok by the church as long as no flash was used, and
the movement was not disruptive)
  Brought the Fuji S2 and the Olympus 5050 since anyone at the table could
pick it up and use it.  Worked like a champ.  Had debated the M7 but did not
want others fooling with it (surprise, surprise) and did not want to
overload the table with photo gear (spousal unit's suggestion).  Between my
friend, the official photographer's 400+ pictures and our 250+ pictures,
they had a great selection to choose from.
  So my advice by now should be obvious.  Bring what you are comfortable
with and snap away.  You never know who will get the prize winning shot...
Bill