Subject: [Leica] digital transformation
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Apr 27 21:17:28 2005

Kenneth Frazier said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] digital transformation

> I look at what Graham and Bill Clough, among many on this list, can do
> with film, and I'm inspired to work harder at it.  *AND* I see what
> others can do with digital equipment, and I'm envious.  :-)<

But Padre,
digital or film, it really only matters in economics. It's the eye of the
beholder that counts, the rest is merely recording what you must see first.
And yes we all gain inspiration from each others photography, but we look at
the picture to be inspired, not the machines.

I bet you would produce equal quality pictures with either method of
recording, as certainly one is not any better than the other for seeing
pictures.

The really good thing with digital is, it shows us our bad pictures quicker!
;-) Therefore we get rid of them and viewers believe we're the "wunder kids"
of photography at what we show them. ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] digital transformation)