Subject: [Leica] Film/digital wars
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Apr 29 07:49:56 2005

I'm sure that many people are surprised to see that happening,Mikiro,
just as many people were stunned that anyone would give up his or her
Speed Graphic, or Rollei, for one of those tiny little German toy
cameras with the tiny negatives - you know, those Barnack boxes that
couldn't possible produce a quality image. :-) Similarly, I'm not
surprised that some people are settling on a mix of film and digital; if
love film, and, quite frankly, if you don't want to put the time and
effort involved into mastering a steep new learning curve, you'll fall
back onto that which you love and know.

And, yes, the release of a digital rangefinder with fewer compromises
would make a big difference for allot of people.

B. D.