Subject: [Leica] Re: Film/digital wars
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Fri Apr 29 08:09:34 2005

I'd welcome digital rangefinders. I know the RD-1 is out, but I'm still
waiting for a Leica release or an improved RD-1(I know that camera takes
great images already).

My wedding work consists of 3 Nikon dSLR's w/3 lenses or more plus SB800
flashes. The M6 still travels for some B&W work.

My gear weight and size would go way down if I could again use a Leica size
M camera digitally with 21,35,50 and 90mm lenses. One dSLR for the
portrait/group shots. All digital M for everything else. I used to do it
with M3's,M6's, and a Bronica RF645.

I think 2 different digital M's would be handy. Maybe one with FF or almost
FF(1.3 would work), then one with a larger crop factor. Would be nice to
have a 90/f2 turn into a 135mm lens on digital.

Whether Leica gets it done or Epson does, more digital RF's would be great.

Chris
www.zoeicaimages.com