Subject: [Leica] Peter provokes contentious controversy
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed May 4 11:47:49 2005

Peter

I have indeed watched your picture a long time, before you posted your
reminder; but I did not know what to post myself, though I was impressed by
it.

You photographed a strongly handicapped man; which is himself photographing
a peacock, with a digicam in his mechanical hands. It is a very good
photography, seen from the moment, the situation you captured.

The picture tells a lot to me. About the man, that behaves self-confidently
like he would not be handicapped, and so does the lady, too (his
girlfriend?). This makes the couple very sympathic. Neither him nor the
lady seem to take any notice from you, that shows for me you have not been
offending him.

The peacock is absolutely secondary (it's just the other man's subject),
but you composed him in a lovely way, what cannot be said about the
background and the pot a the right foreground.

The highly saturated colors and the very deep DOF indicates me you might
have used a digital camera?

Anyway, I enjoyed your picture very much, and thank you for posting it,
Didier