Subject: [Leica] Peter provokes contentious controversy
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Wed May 4 11:51:29 2005

What interests me most is if you talked with the man in the photo and what
his story was. To me, he looks the victim of severe burning.
Being burned pretty heavily on left arm and chest 15 years ago myself, I
always shiver -thus hesitant to react and feeling immediate empathy for the
victim- if I see this kind of picture since I really can relate to it.
But you asked to comment.
What also interests me is why you submitted this one, and what you wanted to
tell with it. Is it about the opposition between beauty of the bird and the
handicap of the man? If so, I think other angels might have been better.
Or is it about spotting a strange bird, and thus a kind of paparazzo shot?
Philippe