Subject: [Leica] Re: boy do I need help: computer gurus please
From: firkin at balhpl01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Wed May 4 18:31:49 2005

Sorry to be crying in the darkness: desperate problems call for desperation.
I am assuming that the term unified client might mean something to computer
engineers. Your comment on general purpose solutions winning in the long run
is probably the point of what I want to answer. I suspect that the software
is being moved to a more propriotory solution away from web access, and I
would not be in favour of that. It took long enough to convince the vendors
to put images up for easy access across platforms, and I think this may be
an attempt to steal it back. If you have any good examples of "the long run"
outside RAdiology, it would help

Cheers and sorry for being so OT.