Subject: [Leica] Re:inquiry, Canon 50mm F/1.0
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Fri May 6 15:21:20 2005

>I really think this posting of full price lists of Canon glass and people
>mouth watering over a Canon 50mm f1 lens instead of a Noctilux the other
>Leica lists are starting to laugh at us.
>

>Mark Rabiner

Why Mark? The great richness of this list is to cover, among a very big
group of people, a wide series of subjects, besides the Leica matters,
creating an atmosphere of  interesting  exchanges be it of fountain pen,
Starbuck coffees or sports cars. Those subjects if not  too invasive,
then this will not be a Leica User Group, help  creating a comfortable
speaking meeting point. In this the LUG differs strongly of other more
conventional lists and makes the frequency of messages so high. Being
all of us photographers it's too very normal speak about other
photographic brands. Why not if the important thing here is not even
Leica but all of us? So Nikon, Canon, Pentax, in my opinion, again if
not too invasive, are welcome. I have more doubts about digital
-excepting Digiluxes- but not for being digital but for being too
invasive. And, Mark, nobody owning and using Noctilux and Canon EF 50mm
f1 will start laughing for speaking about.

Regards

Felix