Subject: [Leica] digital camera question---thanks
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Tue May 10 06:27:30 2005

Thanks to everyone for their input--my experience streetshooting w/ my 3yr.
old, Fuji 6X zoom is poor--that's why I ask the question. The shutter speed
and focus are far too slow. No B&W capability and 35mm focal length
equivalent. Also too big to be discrete.

Right now perhaps the new Ricoh Caplio RX fits the bill best.

MAYBE someone is listening and will produce a 15 or 20 or 25mm fixed (prime)
lens, black, compact w/ large LCD, quiet/ high shutter speed (1/ 2000 or
plus) and B&W/ color capability. That would be ideal in my book for a "primo
streetshooter" IF technically possible.

Any comments on my wishlist of features?

Bill

Simon Ogilvie <simon.ogilvie@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/9/05, Didier Ludwig wrote:
> The combination of fixed 28mm focal length and a B+W mode makes such a
> digicam rather hard to find.

The Canon ixus i5 (Powershot SD20) has a fixed 39mm equivalent lens,
but the S70 with a 28-100mm equiv. would give better results as it has
a larger CCD and a better quality lens. Alternatively the Contax i4r
also has a fixed (Carl Zeiss!) 39mm equiv. lens, but it's discontinued
now.

Simon.