Subject: [Leica] Nikon D2X review
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue May 10 21:08:28 2005

Henning Wulff wrote:

> If I do general photography with a 50/1.4 or so, I too would like a stop
> down aperture, but then again I find the D100, D70 and of course the 20D
> to have very poor viewfinders for manual focussing, so I would get a
> 50/1.8 AF rather than keep on using a 50/1.4 manual. I know I would miss
> a lot of shots of my granddaughter if I depended on manual focussing the
> 20D.

Agreed. That's why I appreciate Nikon. The 50/1.4 is definitely worth
holding on to, and you can pick up that 50/1.8 AF, a very, very good
lens, for pocket change. Over here it costs around a bottle and a half
of that favorite whiskey everyone is raving about. I have them both.
Even if the 50/1.4 works on the digital stuff I don't use it there. No need.

Daniel

Message from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Nikon D2X review)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Nikon D2X review)
Message from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Nikon D2X review)