Subject: [Leica] A stands for....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed May 11 01:50:03 2005

I've been regressing lately in a way but in a way evolving.
Been shooting a lot of flim. Xp2 for the most part.
Taking a vacation from digital capturing.
And taking a vacation from Leica for short while.
Been grooving on Nikon AI. Not AF.

Been loving carrying around my Nikon FE2 and shooting at "A" mode.
With AI glass mostly gotten for a song mostly used.

Like a 55 3.5 macro, a 105 2.5. Both amazing compact classics selling for
the price of a Linhof lens cap. The 2.5 half the weight of the 105 macro and
a real carry around compact lightweight nicely protected piece of cool glass
which is getting me some really nice results. You could dwell on the Bokeh
which is really kind of different and nice.

And today I was shooting with a bought new 45 2.8 ai P lens which was
designed and built by Cosina!
P does not stand for pancake like I thought it did.
It stands for CPU enabled so your digital camera knows what it is and can
meter.

But with my FE2 it's a 45 not a 67.5mm lens as there is no crop circle
factor down from 24x36!

I think I'm going to shoot with it tomorrow too.
Love how it shoots a lot closer than the first lens I ever shot with on an
SLR. The 45mm 2.8 GN which only went to 3 feet. That was 1972.

"A" might stand for "anarchy" in somebody's book but for me it stands for
automatic shutter speed aperture priority and I've been grooving with it
like I'd not predict I would this time round.
Love how it's shoots at 126th of a second or whatever instead of 125th.
Seems less arbitrary.
More precise.

All along I thought my next Leica body would be the new MP. Its a mouth
watering everything I ever wanted in a Leica.

But now its the M7 at the top of my list.

"A" stands for Anabled.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon