Subject: [Leica] A walk ... stands for....
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed May 11 22:50:40 2005

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> My dream walk, now that I'm getting older or at least feeling old, is to
> walk the length of Illinois. Walking like this, with my camera. North to
> south, then over to Missouri. If I were independently rich, that is what
> I'd do. It would take 6 months to a year. Route 66 on foot.

Naw ... I changed my mind. Chicago to LA, Route 66. On foot.

Leica M (probably M2): 21, 35, 50, 90, ah, why not the Hektor (or invest
in a Tele-Elmar).

Rolleiflex or Rolleicord (probably 'cord because the weight, but
possibly the Rolleiflex 3.5E because of the Xenotar).

Film ... naw, just a little film. I'll bum off of LUGers on my way.
Let's see, Chicago (I'll buy my own), Springfield, St. Louis (Schiller's
Camera Store ... any contacts there?), might want some color going down
through the Ozarks (man, that's a long haul across Missouri, even at 80
mph, by foot it will probably take ...). This stretch should be in the
autumn, Tulsa, Oklahoma City.

I'd do it at a drop of a hat if the opportunity arose.

That's my walk.

Daniel

Message from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] A walk ... stands for....)