Subject: [Leica] Black and White Printing
From: bd_colen at Harvard.edu (B.D. Colen)
Date: Mon May 16 08:29:09 2005

The 8750 color print, which uses a 9 ink system, should actually be an
improvement over the 8450 - and the black and white is said to be the same.
The question now is not whether the HP is good enough, but whether the new
Epson is as good or better in terms of black and white. If the Epson is as
good as the HP, and offers more paper choices, it may prove to be the
winner. But then comes the question of ink consumption and ink price. And as
you note, the 8450 really sucks up the ink.